1. I like pin-up girls. I'm more of a boy than a girl. I'm not a lesbian, though - not before a sambuca anyway.
2. I don't think your ability to fight has anything to do with how big you are. It's to do with how much anger is in you.
3. If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl.
4. Since I was 16, I've felt a black cloud hangs over me. Since then, I have taken pills for depression.
5. Girls talk to each other like men talk to each other. But girls have an eye for detail.
6. I saw a picture of myself when I came out of the hospital. I didn't recognize myself.
7. Having listened to great songwriters like James Taylor and Carole King, I felt there was nothing new that was coming out that really represented me and the way I felt. So I started writing my own stuff.
8. I really thought I was on the way out. My husband Blake saved my life. Often I don't know what I do, then the next day the memory returns. And then I am engulfed in shame.
9. I know I'm talented, but I wasn't put here to sing. I was put here to be a wife and a mom and look after my family. I love what I do, but it's not where it begins and ends.
10. I'm of the school of thought where, if you can't sort something out for yourself, no one can help you. Rehab is great for some people but not others.
11. I don't listen to a lot of new stuff. I just like the old stuff. It's all quite dramatic and atmospheric. You'd have an entire story in song. I never listen to, like, white music - I couldn't sing you a Zeppelin or Floyd song.
12. I just dress like... I'm an old black man. Sorry! Like I'm an old Jewish black man. I just dress like it's still the '50s.
13. My justification is that most people my age spend a lot of time thinking about what they're going to do for the next five or ten years. The time they spend thinking about their life, I just spend drinking.
14. I really started writing music to challenge myself, to see what I could write.
15. There are certain instances where I'll be out and I'll be drunk, and I'll come to work and I'll be shattered.
17. If I go to the gym and I have a drink, I'm lovely to be around and really sweet.
18. After Frank I didn't write for 18 months but when I met Mark (Ronson) I pretty much wrote the album in six months - he was so inspiring.
19. My first kiss was about 11 or 12 and it was with a Greek boy called Chris. .... who's gay now!
20. I have a really good time some nights, but then I push it over the edge and ruin my boyfriend's night. I'm an ugly dickhead drunk, I really am.
21. I can't even listen to Frank any more... In fact, I've never been able to. I like playing the tracks live because that's different but listening to them is another story.
22. We're not planning a honeymoon. Every day is a honeymoon - I've married the best man in the world.
23. I'm not a fighter, but if I am backed up against the wall I'll kick the shit out of anyone.
24. I'm either a really good drunk or I'm an out and out shit, horrible, violent, abusive, emotional drunk.
25. I believe in casual sex. I know it's sad that I think cheating on people is fine. But I think it's like smoking a spliff. Oops, I've gobbed on myself!
26. Yeah, I'm an open book. Some men do think I'm a psycho bunny-boiler. But I think that's funny. If you're nice to me I'll never write anything bad about you. There's no point in saying anything but the truth. Because, at the end of the day, I don't have to answer to you, or my ex, or...I shouldn't say God…or a man in a suit from the record company. I have to answer to myself.
27. It's frustrating, because you work with so many idiots - but they're nice idiots. So you can't be like: "You're an idiot." They know that they're idiots!'Yeah, I know. I hate them fuckers, man. I've not seen anyone from the record company since the album came out and I know why…'cos they're scared of me. They know I have no respect for them whatsoever. Look…I know its a terrible thing for someone to come out and say they hate their own music. It's the worst thing you can do. My album isn't ***. If I heard someone else singing like me I would buy it in a heartbeat.
28. You get straight men that are fu**ing big pussies like my ex-boyfriend, and gay men who are like: "Can I carry that for you? Take my jacket." And you wish they didn't like boys.
29. Everything can be improved on. I'm not so proud as a woman that I'd say: "No! I'll never get my breasts done!" F**k it…I probably would, when I'm old and whatever. I'm a girly girl. It's just my music. It's the only thing I have real dignity in in my life. That's the one area in my life where I can hold my head up and say: "No one can touch me." 'Cos no one can touch me!
30. I would have been happy to sing in a covers band for the rest of my life. And I wouldn't have gone on one of those shows in a million, billion years, because I think that musicality is not something other people should judge you on. Music's a thing you have with yourself. Even though the people who go on those shows are ***, it's really damaging to be told that you are.
31. (About her lyrics) They're very personal and very intense, in a way. But I think there's a lot of humor in there as well. I've always wanted to present a point with a twist. You know, like: "I'm really angry about this, you're a *** and you can't even get a boner!" I just want to say things I would find funny if I heard them.
32. If you make me up too much I end up looking like someone's auntie. I've had to reclaim my own look!
33. I don't ever want to do anything mediocre. I hear the music in the charts and I don't mean to be rude, but those people have no soul. Learning from music is like eating a meal - you have to pace yourself. You can't take everything from it all at once. I want to be different, definitely. I'm not a one trick pony. I'm at least a five-trick pony.
34. I never used to be broody, but then I realised that I'm turning into a soppy ***. Goodness in life comes from a sense of achievement and you'd get that from having a child and putting it before yourself.
35. (About the question of being a seductor or a seductee) I think you have to be both, man. You have to be good at both - there's no point in doing one if you can't do the other. You've got to give and receive. What's that thing the advert says? The best gift you can give someone is knowing how to receive.
36. I'm not religious at all. I think faith is something that gives you strength. I believe in fate and I believe that things happen for a reason but I don't think that there's a high power, necessarily. I believe in karma very much though. There are so many rude people around and they're the people that don't have any real friends. And relationships with people - with your mum, your nan, your dog - are what you get the most happiness in life from. Apart from shoes and bags.
37. (Her answer to the question "Are you going to turn into a diva?") I'm probably already one, if that means that you don't give a *** about people's opinions. I don't suffer fools gladly. I'm not here to make friends. I've learnt that the hard way - I used to not say things like: "I really want to hold a guitar in my video", because I was trying to make everyone like me. But I don't give a *** now. At the end of the day I'm there to do my job, I'm not there to have picnics. So, if that's being a diva then yeah, I will be one.
38. Kids who listen to Dido and think: '"I want to be like her", make me want to vomit.
39. Rehab is like Butlins. It's a holiday camp. It's an everyday thing for some people...like going to Tesco's.
40. I don't need help because if I can't help myself I can't be helped.
41. My songs are very honest about a relationship that didn't survive. I only write songs when there is a problem that I can't get through myself. I write a song about it to put myself past it.
42. When I've been on the booze recently, it's turned me into a really nasty drunk, drink a lot and sometimes forget to eat!
43. (Talking about a producer who can't find a bottle of vodka to bring to her) In his head there's probably two monkeys rubbing a stick together!
44. (Talking about her favorite drink Rickstasy,which is three parts vodka, one part Southern Comfort, one part banana liqueur, and one part Baileys) By the time you've had two of them you're like, don't even try and go anywhere. Sit down and stay down, until the birds start singing. I'm not a sick drunk. I'm a violent drunk.
45. I have a really good time some nights, but then I push it over the edge and ruin my boyfriend's night. I'm an ugly d***head drunk, I really am.
46. It's too much of a drinking culture, everything tastes better with a drink. Like, watch TV: glass of wine. Cooking dinner: glass of champagne. White wine vinegar hasn't got white wine in it. Has it?
47. I just see monogamy in a different way to most people. I don't think it's a terrible thing to have sex with someone else. I think it's much worse to substitute the man in your life with another person. It's hard to explain but things like taking another man to your mum's house or going out shopping with him are so rude, and worse than kissing him. Sex is just sex, but you should never let anyone else get close.
48. I don't listen to anyone except my…inner child anyway. If someone had said to me, Amy, lose a stone - which they wouldn't - I don't think I would have listened anyway.
49. What kind of fuckery is this?
What do you think of Amy Winehouse's quotes? Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!