Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Alyssa Milano Quotes

1. Every time I decide I want a child I get another pet. I have 3 dogs, 13 birds and 3 horses, what does that tell you?




2. I used to sleep nude - until the earthquake.

3. Actors are an insecure breed. It's hard to have your career depend upon other people's opinions of what you do.


4. Animals, they are one of the most beautiful gifts we have and, you know, if there are people that have compassion, there are very few people that put their money into animal rescue organizations. And if there is someone that has that passion, animals need all the help they can get.




5. Aaron Spelling always had his finger on the pulse of pop culture, he knew what the public wanted to see. He was one of the most loyal men in this business and believed in me at a time in my career when no one else would.


6. I feel a lot healthier when I'm having sex. Physically. I feel all these jitters when I wake up in the morning. Just energy jitters. I take vitamins, I work out every day. When I'm having sex, I don't have that.

7. I think we're in a time when everyone's afraid to have sex. But I was raised being beautiful and healthy.


8. I think we're in the time when the metaphysical world is so interesting.





9. I've always believed in experiencing everything in life. When you walk out with blinders on, you cut yourself off from the angels and the fairies.


10. I've dated the sweet mama's boy, the musician rocker, the struggling artist - basically a lot of people without jobs.

11. It's nice to be important, but it's important to always be nice.

12. People on series are now given a lot more opportunities, sometimes more than film actors.


13. It's hard enough to go through puberty. Everyone's embarrassed about their youth, but if just happens that the '80s were particularly disgusting. Flock of Seagulls is not cool.


14. (Milano said she was at first intimidated because Doherty and Combs had an established friendship.) I knew they were friends, and I was a little freaked out…But as soon as I got to the set, I was like: "This is going to be so much fun".


15. I'm not getting married…Our relationship is so new we don't even really know what it is yet.





16. I think people freak out about (turning 30) when they don't feel like they've accomplished what they need to by then…I wasn't freaked out at all. Just excited.


17. Everything he touches turns to gold...I worked with him on "Melrose Place" and I am happy to be working with him again. You always feel safe with Spelling.




18. I don't get…not giving them what they deserve for hanging in for seven years, because that's going to lose more audience.

19. If you believe in something then you should do it don't let anything stand in your way.


20. My passion should be clear and please know it runs deep within all levels of my consciousness. I feel it. I feel everything.



21. Time is an amazing enigma in which seeds that were planted can turn into a vibrant garden if properly pruned.


22. For me, there is no hope without faith. Faith is a higher good. Faith in our divinity.





23. (about her motherhood) Thank you for all the well wishes for my son Milo. My heart has tripled in size. I love him more than all the leaves on all the trees.


24. I can't even consider it a craving because it's so odd. But I can't get enough broccoli!





25. As soon as I got pregnant I just didn't want to leave my mother's side. The amount of time I've spent with my parents since I've been pregnant is a lot. I think it's because I want to soak up their brains.


26. I was very happy to be out of my first trimester. I think that's the scariest time because you always have it in the back of your head that you could miscarriage at any point. I would say that was my scariest time.



 


27. I don't really have any advice because I feel like everyone's on their own path. But I will say, in my experience, that to be in a business at a young age is hard in the best of circumstances, and I had the best of circumstances.


28. My family is amazing and we're all close and we have been forever. And I think that is basically the thing that saved me from going down the wrong path. But I don't think that's unlike what any kid goes through as they're growing up. But this business sort of magnifies whatever you would have turned into. I think that they're people who struggled as child actors that would have struggled no matter what they chose to do in life.

29. If there were ever a reality show about my life, it would be pretty boring. Twitter is sort of my reality show version of me. Reality TV has a demystifying element that scares me. The fun part of being in this business for me is about escaping and being able to portray different people.


30. I was a really bad dater to the extent that I hated doing it so much that I'd just jump into relationships. I'd just skip that whole dating part, which of course, never worked. I got married in August, and I married my best friend. Lucky for me that I never had to date him, because I don't think it would have lasted. He already accepted my quirkiness.


31. Well the interesting thing about Twitter is, if your heart is in it, is it becomes a community, and I don't think there's a lot of communities any more in the world...maybe just in religious institutions and fans of sports teams.


32. My whole take on Twitter is to try to use it how any other responsible community member would. I don't like to do too much self-promotion on there - when I first joined Twitter, I started following celebrities, and they self-promoted so much that I just un-followed them. So on my personal account, I really just try to share a piece of who I am with people, and be a good neighbor.

33. I have other accounts - I have an account for the television show and for the clothing line because I figure if they're interested in that aspect of my life, then they can follow those accounts. But they're not following my account to hear me talk about myself. I just try to share links that I find that are interesting, things that I think it's important to empower people about...I love it.


34. I just started following (film critic) Roger Ebert, and I love following him. He's pretty outstanding. But my favorite people to follow are really the social media enthusiasts.


35. I love Dexter. I love Top Chef. I can't wait for it to come back.

36. I love Friday Night Lights. I think TV is in a great place right now.

37. I would have to say the power to heal. This show has enhanced my relationship to magic. I would have called it prayer.


38. The Dodgers. My favorite hockey team is the Kings. I like the Clippers in basketball. 


39. And I like USC college. Football, the Giants. 


40. I'm actively looking at pilots in the very limited pilot season that is about to begin. Lots of work for my clothing line which is extremely exciting.

41. We were in Brooklyn and we stopped by a neighbor's house…there were these dogs there and I guess they had puppies, she was going to keep one but said she may have to put the rest to sleep if she couldn't find homes for them, so if we knew anyone that wanted puppies to let her know. I asked what she meant by "putting them to sleep", so I asked and my mom being as subtle as possible said it means they are going to kill them. So we took home one named Pluto.


42. I turned vegetarian after 9/11. A friend of mine came back from New York and said that he couldn't stand the smell of burnt flesh. It immediately reminded me of a barbecue.


43. I'm a big believer in individual responsibility.

44. First, accept sadness. Realize that without losing, winning isn't so great.

45. I had to deal with a certain amount of guilt that accompanied being successful at a young age. The guilt that my parents gave up their dreams, friendships, and the only life they knew to make *my* triumphs a possibility. The guilt that my brother had to deal with having a famous sister. It was not easy, but thank God I had them to remind me what is important in life.


46. Baseball is, in many ways, like a boyfriend or spouse. You can love him, you *should* love him, but you need to learn that he exists without you, and you without him. You need to learn the same thing about baseball, that as much as you care, you need to be able to step back.






What do you think of Alyssa Milano's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

1 comment:

  1. A wise girl beyond her years and beautiful, very beautiful signed a fan since her childhood...

    ReplyDelete