Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Demi Moore Quotes

1. I like to connect to people in the virtual world, exchanging thoughts and ideas, when in the physical world we might never have the opportunity to cross paths.





2. I don't like to take my clothes off.

3. The truth is you can have a great marriage, but there are still no guarantees.


4. There's this idea that if you take your clothes off, somehow you must have loose morals.


5. Emilio Estevez was definitely my first love.

6. I had an essence in my life that I was nothing.

7. Despite what anti-aging ads say, growing older can be better. I feel better in my skin, 100 percent. You have greater effects of gravity, but the better sense of yourself you have is something I wouldn't trade. Women who lie about their age - "why?"


8. I said I would get better with each baby, and I have.







9. I want things to be the best they can be. I want greatness.

10. Changing my Twitter name isn't a top priority right now. Sorry it bothers so many of u. Should I not tweet until I do? Does it really matter?


11. Truly sad news about Amy Winehouse. My heart goes out to her family. May her troubled soul find peace.

12. (in a retweet on the Casey Anthony trial where Casey was found not guilty / July 05, 2011) StillNoJusticeForCaylee

13. (Demi Moore wants to work with Ashton Kutcher but only if she is the director / January 28, 2011) I actually think I could direct him really well. You know when you know someone so well you can see through their bulls***? That’s what it would be like if I directed Ashton.


14. I obsess and look in the mirror and occasionally say: "Where's that little strap that I can hang around my neck that says: Help my face is falling and I can't get up". I've aged. I certainly don't look the same as I did in my 20s or 30s. I think that it's important to come from the inside out and that we wear our joy and our happiness and our beauty when the inside is radiating that.

15. I have been concocting something, since I use a mixture of things that I've been working on in the hopes of having something to share with everyone. I actually have a real passion for it that started going back to my name. My mother named me Demi - which she found, of all things, as part of the name of a make-up.

16. I would say that a lot of s*x helps. It's the endorphins! But there's more than that, it's also sharing a quality life with someone. I know I have someone who loves me for who I am and who I'm not. He loves me for my imperfections and that makes me feel so happy. I've aged, I don't look the same as I did in my 20s and 30s. But you've got to make the most of what you have.

17. (on acting with her daughter Rumer Willis) Rumer is the only one who is interested in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry and I did a movie with her when she was seven.


18. (Demi Moore wants to work with her daughter Rumer Willis in the future) I also had the opportunity to direct her in a short film last summer and it was an amazing experience and a whole other way of getting to know her. I’d be very open to doing something else with her.

19. Family always comes first because that's what you have at the end of your life. Your work is just what we get to do, which is a real gift.


20. You know, another thing that comes with maturity is you learn how to dress around those things you don't like.

21. I definitely do. I've had three children and my youngest, when she was quite small and we were on a beach, referred to the marks on my belly as my trademarks. You know, there's certain things I go: "Ugh, I'd really prefer not to have those. I don't really like them to be seen but at the same time. I've earned them."

22. (on Ashton Kutcher) I know that I have someone who loves me not just for who I am but all the things that I'm not. He embraces my imperfections and that gives me a greater sense of courage and ability to be a great risk-taker.


23. (saying her life would be incomplete without her Blackberry) I would have to say, of all the products and gadgets, that one would be a hard one to put down.




24. (on her movie "The Joneses") What I love in the film, it has a really strong message about the importance of not placing our value on the things that we have and that our real value comes from our connection with one another and I feel like that's something I've tried very hard to impart to my children.


25. (on her co-star David Duchovny) David was fantastic - I feel like we had a good chemistry, we got on very well, he was extremely supportive. We connected very quickly on what are we going to accomplish especially in the story of our relationship. When you're doing an independent, lower budget film you really need to rely on one another and have a great team feeling and support and we really had that, because you don't have the luxury of a lot of time.

26. The most important thing is to make your kids your priority, so it becomes very easy.


27. When I stepped away, I experienced a tremendous amount of criticism. It made me question whether I actually wanted to be this at all. Did I really want to put myself out there? As human beings, we all need other people's approval. But you can't live your life seeking like that. It's a recipe for unhappiness. I realize now that when you're just starting, you haven't gotten anything yet to understand the fear of losing it. I'm much more vulnerable today.

28. I don't dye my hair, but I do have a few gray hairs that I pluck out.


29. I'd love to say that I exercise a lot but I don't. Although Ashton and I have started Bikram yoga. You're sweating so badly, you realize very quickly that no one cares what you look like, you're all just trying to get through the 90 minutes.

30. I spent a good part of my early career feeling my external was a measure of value and got obsessive compulsive. I dieted, weighed my food and was generally a lunatic. It was only once I stepped away and realized you need to improve from the inside out that I got closer to the body I always wanted.


31. When you're living, you don't ever even think of yourself in terms of that word. I guess I'm not ready to be a legend. In the end, if you're fortunate enough to have a career that spans a long time, there's gonna be some crap mixed in with the good stuff. You just hope that, overall, you've been true to yourself. At the end of the day, I hope that what I leave behind has been authentic and honest, and in some way that I can keep trying to give back more than I've been given.

32. There's a price that you pay for having some fame. But nothing that is written about us has anything to do with the reality of our lives. Forget fame, I'm thrilled with the success I've had. I'm thrilled to have been able to create goals for myself and achieve them. I set goals for myself in everyday life, not just in my career. Some days, my goal can be just getting to the dry cleaner.

33. (on meeting Ashton Kutcher for the first time) The first night I met him he didn't have two words to say to me - he had a singular focus and it was on somebody else.


34. (two weeks later after meeting Ashton Kutcher) All of a sudden the door to the hotel opened, and he said: "That is the most beautiful thing I've ever heard," and closed the door. And I said: "OK, this is somebody different." And now we've been together seven years.

35. I don't know if there is any particular secret to looking young, but there is one thing that I've thought of recently. I think that laughter and smiling are one of the best antidotes to aging that you could possibly have. I think that, in general, I pretty much think of myself as still being, like, five. Maybe that's why my twitter picture is of me at five. That's how I feel. I'm just still trying to figure it all out myself.

36. I certainly have my inhibitions. Sometimes playing a role or posing for a picture is about getting rid of some of them. I remember I was driven by my inhibitions to want to do "Striptease". The major issue for me was not taking my clothes off, but dealing with why, in our puritanical society, we look down on women who do it for a living.


37. I had an extreme obsession with my body. I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over. But it never lasted and ultimately it didn't bring me anything but temporary happiness. Does being thin resolve anything? No. The irony is that when I abandoned that desire to dominate my body, it actually became the body that I always wanted. But it only happened when I stopped trying to control it. At the end of the day, this kind of obsession is pointless and meaningless.

38. I have had something done but it's not on my face.


39. The main challenge with a career, especially for a woman, is how to keep a balance between family and career. It's a constant effort and you are always pulled in opposite directions. For example, when I'm always promoting a film, I'm happy to be doing it, but at the same time I'm thinking about my daughters back home so far away.

40. (on Ashton Kutcher) My husband is an amazing human being and I'm really almost speechless when I try to describe him.


41. There aren't words to wrap up the amazing gift we've found in each other. I have experienced a love that I truly only imagined. We just fit. He loves me - and the best thing is that he loves me at my most vulnerable, at my most unglamorous and at my least attractive in always, not just physically. I feel wanted.


42. Love isn't logical. It comes down to a soul connection, not the physical - the luster of the exterior will always fade and that's inevitable, but it's not what sustains our relationship.


43. It wears on you. To be constantly criticized is exhausting. You're still a human being. Sometimes there's a little irritation and I wonder if I wouldn't rather be living in Idaho.




44. (on Ashton Kutcher) I knew it had the potential to be something special right away. It was like meeting somebody that I've just known where you just recognize one another. It was so disproportionate, the level of emotion we were experiencing to the time we had spent together. When you don't know someone, you can't just jump and say: "I love you." "Nice to meet you, I love you!" Yeah. No. We used to end our calls or emails with "And everything we don't say."


45. Cougar has become so distasteful. I really hate that expression... It ("puma") has a sweeter quality, more elegant. And then somebody said to me: "Pumas are only for people in their 30s.




46. I cry at everything, even if I am happy. Even at commercials on television. I can't help it. Ashton doesn't mind, but I do tend to cry at anything.

47. I'm certainly not the first person to be in a relationship with a younger man, but somehow I was plucked out as a bit of a poster girl.


48. (on her relationship with Ashton Kutcher)  I don't know why that is. But I just kind of step back sometimes and say: "There is some reason, and what is it that I have to share in a positive way?... I'd prefer to be called a Puma".

49. My wedding ring, my engagement ring which is a 1937 Cartier band... I have quite a few but that would be my favorite.

50. (on divorce and relationships) Being a child of divorced parents, I really wanted us to keep a close relationship.


51. (on photog of stalking her) If someone takes something without consent for profit, it is theft!






52. (on photog of stalking her) If it is so okay to stalk and chase then why did he run after hiding in a dressing room.. all so I couldn't take his photo?

53. We're big fans of Twitter. We're addicted…It was in good humor, (it) wasn't meant in any way to be mean-spirited.


54. The greatest gift to ourselves is giving.







55. I love diamonds but my engagement ring will always be my favourite.

56. (offering sympathy to Britney Spears)  No one has seen it worse than Britney Spears.


57. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think I'm a bitch.




58. Time is an amazing equalizer. I think if you stay true to yourself and keep moving forward, things come around.

59. In truth, not very many people have read the book...the ultimate message of "Hester Prynne" would have been lost if we'd stayed with the original ending.


60. I didn't want to work and drag my kids with me while they were trying to cross this huge transition. I wanted them to become as stable and as confident as possible. There are people who go through this and don't have the financial means, but I did. It wasn't a risk; it was the right thing to do.



61. Once you've tasted a bit of success, it's more challenging. We have to continue to be willing to take a risk so that we don't get too safe. Unwillingness to risk failure is always there, but it gets harder when you feel you have more to lose. So the better place to keep yourself in is out of your comfort zone, willing to try even at the risk of failing. And that's not natural to me at all. In fact, it's completely unnatural.


62. I have no problems with enhancing one's looks or fixing something that's changed. I don't see me getting oodles of stuff done, but for some things it's a godsend. After three kids, gravity takes its toll and everything heads south, so it's an option.



63. I'm not twenty. Not thirty. But I'm certainly different from what most people feel someone in her forties should be.


64. The things two people do to each other they remember. If they stay together, it's not because they forget; it's because they forgive.



65. Look, when people came after me for doing "Indecent Proposal" or "Disclosure," I thought: "Ridiculous." These people are trying to limit me as an actor. Are they saying I can't play these roles? Well, I've proved I can.

66. It really isn't anybody's business how many people we have working for us. What's offensive is that I'm portrayed as this prima donna with these sycophants telling me how great I am all the time. Yes, they do work for me, but we're working together for a higher good...


67. It's been a challenging few years, being the age I am, with so much focus now on how I look. Almost to the point where I felt like, well, they don't know what to do with me. I am flawed.






68. Talk about meeting your soul mate...I truly feel I have been given that gift. And believe me, I wasn't some lightweight package. I'm, like, the package that didn't just come with luggage - I had trunks.


What do you think of Demi Moore's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment