Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kelly Clarkson Engaged !

Kelly Clarkson shocked her Twitter followers with a happy message on Saturday. Kelly announced that she just got engaged to her boyfriend Brandon Blackstock!


Clarkson wrote on twitter: "I'M ENGAGED!!!!! I wanted y'all to know!! Happiest night of my life last night! I am so lucky and am with the greatest man ever :)"


The former American Idol winner, 30, has been dating Blackstock, 35, for a year. In August Kelly spoke to Lucky magazine about their affair and reveals that she is gay.

"Oh, there's all these rumors that I'm a lesbian," Kelly was quoted as saying. "I have a boyfriend now, Brandon Blackstock, my manager Narvel's son, Reba McEntire's stepson."

Last month Clarkson gushed about their relationship to Ellen DeGeneres on Ellen. Ironically when Ellen congratulated her on getting engaged Kelly claimed: "No, everyone thinks we are. We're not. We've actually been dating for nine months."


But, Kelly added: "We are totally going to get married. We love each other...I mean, he's got to put a ring on at some point. But I'll wait it out."



Fans shouldn't expect Clarkson to have a big wedding though. Kelly told DeGeneres: "I've never been the girl to plan a wedding. We...will probably elope."


In a tearful moment Clarkson also revealed that this festive season she is "thankful" to have her man in her life. She told: "This is going to sound like I'm making a joke but it is so not, this is serious. I am not alone for the first time for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm very happy. I've been praying for so long and he's so great."


Congratulations to the happy couple!

Photo credit: Getty Images

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment